Looking for a career in the Western industry? Morris Equine Group has the below positions currently available:
Fort Worth, TX — Western Horseman, Barrel Horse News, Quarter Horse News, BHN & QHN Stallion Register, NBHA and WCBRA
Reports to: VP Enthusiast and Equine Division
MCC Magazines, specifically, the Morris Equine Publishing Group is seeking an energetic, highly confident, hard-working and self-motivated individual to retain and grow our existing base of clients as well as generate new social, digital, print and sponsorship advertising revenues. This will be accomplished by assessing the business’s needs and developing partnerships with clients through in-person (and virtual) sales calls along with networking events, and digital and social media interaction.
The Account Manager will craft customized proposals while offering solutions to meet our clients’ goals. Through effective execution of prospecting, unparalleled account service along with innovative approaches to curating new business, the Account Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding individual issue and monthly digital revenue goals for the company.
To be a successful leader of the sales department, one must be a consummate professional, ethical and able to juggle multiple tasks while building a long-term business relationship with prospective and active advertising clients. It is imperative that the Account Manager embodies the mission and morals of the Morris Media Network company while representing the Morris Equine Group Brands; Quarter Horse News, QuarterHorseNews.com, QHN Stallion Register, Western Horseman, WesternHorseman.com, Barrel Horse News, BarrelHorseNews.com and our event properties, Road to the Horse, National Barrel Horse Association and West Coast Barrel Racing Association.
- Expand sales by upselling and growing current accounts in addition to recruiting and finding new advertisers for the magazine and our portfolio of products including digital, events and custom publishing
- Build and generate ongoing customer relationships to provide strategic marketing plans in order to meet customer’s sales expectations
- Establish and develop client relationships, contact key accounts, work with clients at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, collections, weekly projections and forecast of future advertising
- Generate advertising sales packages, negotiate advertising rates and programs, schedule and oversee creative campaigns and create oral and written presentations
- Develop short term and long-range ad campaign plans with an eye on revenue growth
- Attain individual monthly, quarterly and annual advertising sales revenue goals while maintaining corresponding reports for management
- Other job-related functions as required
Base pay plus commissions and annual incentive
A University or College degree along with 3-5 years minimum outside media sales experience including social, digital, print, broadcast, OOH or similar. In addition to 5-8 years of Equine industry work experience is preferred.
This position operates from a Fort Worth, Texas professional office environment. This role routinely uses cloud and VPN based office equipment such as laptops computers, telephones, mobile phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as sales and marketing job duties demand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, present, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and effectively speak and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Morris Communications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Morris Communications complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to John Lunn at [email protected]
Digital Content Manager
Fort Worth, TX
Coordinate, curate, and help facilitate digital communications for the Morris Equine Group that includes titles such as Western Horseman, Quarter Horse News, Barrel Horse News, Stallion Register, as well as the National Barrel Horse Association (NBHA), West Coast Barrel Racing Association (WCBRA) and Road to the Horse. The Digital Content Manager will oversee digital content, social media and other related media solutions to drive traffic to and across the Equine Group digital landscape to improve customer experience and increase engagement.
Manage Equine Group digital content including:
- Publish content on Equine Group sites using WordPress and other CMS software
- Work closely with editorial staffs to increase website traffic, social media following, search engine optimization, monthly goal setting and other forms of engagement
- Develop and execute daily postings across social media channels
- Edit and publish monthly contests
- Learn and execute new digital media platforms when necessary
- Stay abreast of Internet/online best practices
- Curate and optimize content for weekly/quarterly/monthly e-newsletters
- Oversee digital and social media channel content to ensure alignment with corporate brand standards
- Be an advocate across the digital brands, engaging in positive, proactive brand-appropriate dialogue and answering questions/providing assistance, support and direction where appropriate
Key Skills Required
- Keen understanding of cultural and social aspects of the Equine Industry
- Understanding and appreciation for the global Internet landscape including websites, web design and content best practices, blogs, podcasts, social media, online community destinations, etc.
- Relevant web management and optimization experience
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision, but also able to effectively work within a team
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 years of professional experience in Communications with a strong emphasis on Digital Media
- Highly motivated individual with proven experience in writing/developing and managing corporate digital content, social media content, and related marketing solutions
- Web management & optimization experience
- Knowledge of the social media landscape
- Knowledge of latest SEO practices
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of WordPress content management system
- Familiarity with various photo and video editing software and platforms such as Adobe CC
- Familiarity with email platforms such as MailChimp
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Dani Licklider at [email protected]
Morris Equine Group
Attn: Human Resources
2112 Montgomery St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Morris Equine Group is an equal opportunity employer.